EnRich is proud to have supported a crafting club which makes the most gorgeous items to help both premature babies and also adults suffering with dementia.
Here’s Baby Henry hugging his Preemie Octopus – just one of almost 500 made and donated to premature babies last year.
We have provided a grant to buy materials and here’s a taste of the kind of things these fantastic crafters create.
In 2017 they created:
- 372 Bonding hearts – one is worn next to the mother’s skin and one is put on the baby. They are swapped around so they each get the other’s scent.
- 141 Knitted / Crochet Forget-me-nots (pairs) – these go to the bereavement team. Of each pair, one stays with the baby, and the other goes to the parents for their memory box.
- 64 Incubator Quilts.
- 29 Larger quilts – anywhere from cot-sized to single bed.
- 350 Preemie Hats.
- 10 Crocheted blankets.
- 9 Twiddle Muffs – for people with dementia.
- 1 Twiddle Quilt.
- 486 Octopus for a Preemie – these are used to reduce stress in premature babies and stop them from pulling out tubes.
And the caring people who organise all of this posted a lovely message on their Facebook page.
(Baby Henry appears with permission from his very proud parents who say he loves his octopus 🙂 )